- Arthritis of the Hand, Wrist and Elbow
- Finger Joint Replacement
- Wrist Replacement
- Hand and Wrist Fracture Care
- Treatment of Finger and Hand Traumatic Injuries including Tendon and Nerve Repair Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Cubital Tunnel Release
- Trigger Finger Release
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Sports-Related Hand, Wrist and Elbow Injuries
- Wrist Arthroscopy
- BA/BS: University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- MD: Washington University, St Louis, MO
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY
- Fellowship in Hand and Microvascular Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
My goal is to provide patients with a thorough understanding of their condition, based on the best available evidence, to assist them in making informed health care decisions. I enjoy teaching, and I strive to ensure that patients understand their diagnosis, so that together, we can reach the best, individualized approach to their problem. I also value a patient-centered approach, one in which I get to know the person as an individual with his/her own unique background, goals and expectations. This allows me to work most effectively with the patient, as I draw on my knowledge and training, to find the right solution that fits his/her comprehensive clinical picture.
Year Joined PCI
Why Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa?
The decision to work at PCI was an easy one for me. The people of PCI, including physicians, nurses and support staff, are truly exceptional. I am impressed by their warmth and compassion for their patients and their attention to detail in providing the highest quality healthcare. I am excited to have joined such a well-respected and knowledgeable team of providers who share a common goal of providing outstanding patient-centered care.
Spending time with my wife, Ruth, and our daughter, Liana, is a very special part of my life. Together we love outdoor activities including cycling, hiking and scuba diving. We enjoy good food and cooking for friends and family. Ruth and I like going swing dancing and I enjoy playing the piano. As an Iowa native, I am excited to return home after training in the Northeast and Midwest for many years.