Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa has a team of board-certified urologists who specialize in disorders affecting the male and female urinary tract in both adults and children. In addition, our urology team treats conditions of the male genital and reproductive system, such as prostate cancer and vasectomies. PCI’s urology team also specializes in robotic urology surgery, where we use minimally invasive surgery to reduce recovery time and get you back to your normal routine more quickly.
Our goal is to provide excellent, cost-effective diagnosis and treatment of urologic disorders in a caring, non-intimidating environment. You’ll find that the knowledge and expertise of our urologists and staff make your experience comfortable and productive.
PCI urologists provide:
- Bladder Treatments - Common bladder issues include urinary tract infections (bladder infections, urinary incontinence and problems with urinary retention. Symptoms of a bladder issue can be inability to hold urine or leaking urine; needing to urinate frequently and/or urgently; cloudy or bloody urine; pain or burning sensation; issues starting urination or having a weak stream during urination; problems completely emptying the bladder.
- Cancer Treatments - PCI provides diagnosis and treatment for all common forms of urologic cancers, including cancer of the bladder, kidneys, penis, prostate and testicles.
- Prostate Treatments - PCI urologists diagnose and treat all prostate disease, including inflammation (prostatitis), enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH) and prostate cancer.
- Incontinence Treatments - Bladder incontinence can be caused by a urinary tract infection, constipation, weak bladder or pelvic floor muscles, overactive bladder, damage to the nerves that control bladder function, pelvic organ prolapse, enlarged prostate (BPH) or prostatitis.
- Kidney Stone Treatments - Kidney stones are hard deposits formed from minerals and salts that concentrate in the kidneys. Kidney stones can affect any part of the urinary tract, from the kidneys to the bladder. While you can often pass a kidney stone naturally, sometimes stones become lodged in the urinary tract or cause other complications that require surgery.
- Minimally-invasive and Robotic Surgery - PCI surgeons specialize in all minimally invasive urologic surgeries.