- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterialization
- BS - Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- MD - University of Wisconsin, School of Medicine & Public Health, Madison, WI
- Residency in General Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- American Board of Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Linn County Medical Society
As a physician, I feel my role is to partner with the patient to help them through the process of their medical care. This partnership starts in the office (or emergency room), extends through the surgery, and afterwards in post-operative followup. I want each of my patients to feel as comfortable as possible with their choice of care,and that I’ve taken the time they need to explain the options available.
Sometimes the circumstances are difficult and the choices are limited, but those are the scenarios when I think the patient deserves as much time, explanation, and information as possible to make a potentially life-changing decision regarding surgery. It can often be a scary time for a patient, but I want to help allay those fears as much as possible.
Year Joined PCI
Why Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa?
Patients at PCI benefit from high-quality multispecialty care. That’s important when taking care of complex conditions, or when something unexpected happens. I think its really beneficial to have good relationships with fellow providers who you can count on to help with your patients as needed.
Additionally, PCI providers are unique in having the flexibility to perform surgical procedures at a variety of locations, which can mean greater convenience and less cost for the patient.
I enjoy time with my children, personal fitness, and outdoor recreation including mountain biking, hiking, and climbing. I also enjoy Green Bay Packers football and Northwestern University athletics.