- Robotic Assisted Total Joint Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Partial Knee Replacement
- Computer Assisted Joint Replacement
- Anterior Lateral Hip Surgery
Dr. Munjal's Specialties, In Action
3-D Technology Provides Custom Fit, Benefits in Knee Replacements (by the Cedar Rapids Gazette)
Patient with 3-D printed Conformis knee (produced by KGAN news team)
More Patients Getting 3-D Knee (produced by KCRG news team)
Hip resurfacing surgery at St. Luke's Hospital
Robotic partial knee replacement patient walks hours after surgery...
More information about Conformis knee implants
- Undergraduate - Hol Kar Science College, Indore, India
- MD - Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, Indore, India
- Residencies in Orthopaedic Surgery, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY and University of Birmingham, England
- Fellowship in Lower Extremity Joint Replacement & Reconstruction, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY
- Fellowship in Adult Joint Reconstruction, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Chairman, Department of Orthopaedics, Physicians' Clinic of Iowa
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society
I work to develop a partnership with my patients. On my part, this begins with listening. And one of the most important things I need to know is how the physical problem affects this patient's life.
I specialize in total joint replacement surgery; total and partial knee replacement, total hip replacement and hip resurfacing, and arthroscopic surgery. My practice is unique in that we provide latest technologies including computer assisted hip resurfacing with Brain Lab VectorVision® flex, a computer-assisted surgery (CAS) system, a pre-operative planning and digital templating software solution an advanced tracking software to enable surgeons to perform highly precise orthopedic procedures.
Adding these incredible technologies to our portfolio demonstrates our commitment to offering patients in the communities we serve advanced treatment.
I believe that knowledgeable patients make the best decisions about their own treatment. That's why I explain every step of the diagnostic process. Next, I want my patients to understand their condition: How it developed and how various treatment approaches can improve or repair the problem.
The best compliment I receive is when patients recommend me to one of their family members or friends. My patient's trust is of utmost importance to me.
When you come to see me as your orthopaedic surgeon, surgery is not your only option. Sometimes through rehabilitation and available prescriptions, your injury may be healed. If you do require surgery, I'll keep you informed of why surgery is required, what will be done in the surgery, and what to expect as an eventual outcome after surgery.
In addition to my orthopaedic training in Birmingham, England and Buffalo,NY I've completed Fellowship programs in Total Joint Replacement at University of Chicago and State University of New York, Buffalo, to complement my broad experience in general orthopaedics.
I have written various chapters in popular orthopaedic texts on primary, complex, revision and computer assisted total joint replacements.
Your health and quality of orthopaedic care are my top priorities. I strongly believe that most successful patient care results from a two-way treatment process.
Year Joined PCI