- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Shoulder and Knee
- Minimally Invasive Reconstruction & Replacement
- Gender specific (male/female) Knee Replacement
- Standard & Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- BS with Honors - University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- MD - University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery, Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine, Chicago Area Sports Medicine Clinic, Chicago, IL
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society
Patient Centered Care. Successful orthopaedic care starts with a good patient – physician relationship. This starts when I listen to your symptoms and how these symptoms are affecting your life. Next, I must develop an understanding of your treatment needs and goals. You are then informed and educated about your injury/condition and the available treatment options. As a part of this, I demonstrate the nature of the condition on an anatomic model or images (x-ray or MRI).
I believe a knowledgeable patient can make the best decision about their care. I will formulate an individualized treatment plan for you based on your condition, your needs, and your goals. Surgery is often not the only treatment option. If surgery is needed, the surgical procedure and typical post surgical rehabilitation course are reviewed. In summary, treatment is based on each patient, not solely based on the condition or a test result.
As a former College Athlete, I understand the commitment and demand of training or competition. I appreciate concerns about the time frame of healing and the progression back to full activity. I take pride in watching an athlete successfully return to competition. I founded and was an integral part of a sports injury clinic. I have had the role of team physician and enjoy being available "on the sidelines." With a Biomedical Engineering education, I have a solid understanding of injury force and mechanism, implant design, and the biomechanics of treatment and the healing process. A Biomedical Engineering knowledge base is ideal for an orthopaedic surgeon.
Year Joined PCI
Why Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa?
Skilled surgeons with experience you can trust invested in providing the best quality care.
I am Iowa born and raised, married an Iowa native, and now we are raising our children in Iowa. I appreciate Iowans; their work ethic and their kindness. I am an Eagle Scout and former Coe College football player. I enjoy mountaineering, hiking, camping,