- Valvular heart disease
- Coronary revascularization
- Aortic diseases
- Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Esophageal and lung cancers
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery
- Rib and sternal stabilization
- BS Biology, BS Philosophy—Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska
- D.O. —Des Moines University MHA—Des Moines University
- General Surgery—York Hospital, York, Pennsylvania
- Cardiothoracic Surgery—University of Mississippi, Jackson, Mississippi
- Certified by the American College of Surgeons in General Surgery
- Board Eligible, Thoracic Surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Southern Thoracic Surgical Association
- Surgical Resident with Most Gifted Hands 2017
- Best Resident Teacher 2013
My golden rule of practice is to treat each patient like a family member. To ensure that each patient receives the best care possible, it requires a team and I value my team greatly.
Year Joined PCI
Why Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa?
College and surgical training allowed me to travel all over the US. Growing up in rural northwest Iowa planted a seed that I knew eventually I would return to. ‘Iowa nice’ is a real thing! In exploring Iowa job opportunities, I was taken with the genuinely kind and caring culture that is exhibited throughout PCI from the schedulers to my future partners and the administration. People are genuinely happy at PCI and that shared posture is just one of the many reasons that PCI is a great place to work!
I enjoy traveling, military history, systems science, outdoor sports including biking and hiking, and spending time with my family. I also like hands-on projects with my most recent being remodeling my house.